The new 2012 Honda Civic ranks 2 out of 33 affordable small cars. The ranking is based on usnews analysis of 83 published reviews and test drives of the Honda Civic. Coming to dealers this spring as a 2012 model, Concept cars and spy photos couldn’t prepare caranddriver for the stunning euphemism of the ninth-generation Honda Civic. The company sold over 260,000 Civics in 2010, and the new models are guaranteed shopper favorites, despite the sedate looks.
The new 2012 Honda Civic hybrid will come equipped with a 1.5 litre i-VTEC engine and for the initial time will utilize lithium-ion batteries. The new hybrid is expected to return at least 45 mpg highway, while the HF variant should exceed the 40 mpg plus mark that keeps getting boasted amongst the Civic’s contention like the Hyundai Elantra and Cruze ECO.
It was also declared that the Civic Si will drop the old 2.0 litre screamer and now will use the more traceable 2.4 liter 200 hp/170-lb. feet of torque 4-cylinder from the Acura TSX.
Civic and Civic HF Sedan and Coupe Specifications
- 140 horsepower, 1.8-liter i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder engine
- 5-speed automatic transmission
- EPA-estimated Civic HF highway fuel economy: 41 mpg
- EPA-estimated Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe highway fuel economy: 39 mpg
Civic Hybrid Specifications
- 110 horsepower, 1.5-liter i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder engine (combined gasoline + electric)
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Lithium-ion battery
- EPA-estimated Civic Hybrid city/highway combined fuel economy: 45 mpg
Civic Si Specifications
- 2.4 liter 200 horsepower /170 lb-ft i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- EPA-estimated Civic Si highway fuel economy: 31 mpg
2012 Honda Civic Car
2012 Honda Civic Sedan
Both the new Civic HF and the 2012 Civic Hybrid are predicted to have “aerodynamic components for improved efficiency”, according to Honda. Honda also plans a 3rd green Civic, the GX natural-gas vehicle (NGV) model. The 2012 Honda Civic will come up with a 1.8-liter 4, unlike other makers (specifically Chevrolet) who use direct injection and turbocharging to deliver the same performance from smaller engines: just 1.4 liters in the 2011 Chevy Cruze.
Specifications for different Honda Civic 2011 cars can be seen below: